Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday, July 7th

I have to get better at this!  

Emma has been really funny lately...I need a little note pad to carry around with me at all times because I know I'm forgetting things.  

The other night I was trying to get her to eat peas for dinner, she was refusing.  I told her to eat the peas, she said "no".  I reminded her that she was supposed to say "Yes ma'am" and eat her peas.  She sat there for a minute or two and said "I say: I don't like to eat peas.  And then you say: That's okay Emma, you don't have to eat them."    MOG!  

She started saying two things this weekend...."Hey, can you give me a moment?" and "Are you kidding ME?!"  Cracks me up.  

She has been getting up in the middle of the night to potty, all on her own and for the past full week, she has been pull-up free.  However, she fell asleep last night on the couch, just wiped out from our trip I think and she had just downed a cup of milk.  So of course she had an accident. :(  But that's okay because I really think we're making serious progress.  Go Emma Go!  

Lauren is just a chatter box....repeats everything and talks in full sentences mostly.  She still talks through her nose though when she's pronouncing anything with an "s".  It's funny but I sure hope this is something she grows out of soon.    She is so different from Emma...she throws mini-tantrums, hits and pushes and is SO into Mommy.   And even though she hits and pushes, she knows that it's wrong because she immediately covers her eyes and looks down.  Then gives hugs.  I hope this is something else she'll outgrow soon....it has really thrown me for a loop. Emma never hit or pushed!  

Anyway, I wanted to write those few things down about Emma before I forget them.  I'll try to post more tomorrow as it's almost 11pm.  I need to upload some pics from our 4th of July weekend! 

Thanks for reading!  


4 comments:

Angie said...

So does she have to eat her peas now?

Heather said...

LOL at Emma and her comments! YAY for the nightime potty success. Hey... an accident once in awhile isn't so bad, is it? Thank goodness for mattress covers. Sorry about the pushing and hitting from Lauren. It's gotta be a stage!

Thanks for posting! FINALLY! :-)

Mrs. Burns said...

ROFLOL~ did you just say "MOG" in your post?!?! ;)

Nayanna Arts said...

HA! Andrea, I hadn't even noticed that! Good catch! lol

Kath, those are some amazing little moments! We SHOULD all carry little note pads to write all thsi stuff down! Those are the moments I want to remember, not the ones where they are pulling each other's hairs out....